Representing Injured Truck Drivers
A commercial truck accident can be a harrowing thing to just witness. For the truck driver at the center of such an accident, it can be a dreadful, life changing event. Truck drivers work shifts nearly twice as long as most Americans and spend long stretches away from their families. It’s a hard job and being injured in an accident can be overwhelming.
Lawyer for Injured Truck Drivers in Florida
Truck drivers are some of America’s hardest working people. When truckers have been injured in an accident they need someone who works just as hard as them to represent their interest. The attorneys at Abrams Justice Trial Attorneys are empathetic to the difficulties of being a commercial truck driver and the strain it can put on them and their families when an accident or an injury occurs.
We proudly serve clients in the greater Miami-Dade area including Miami, Homestead, Hialeah, Pinecrest, Miami Gardens, Miami Beach, North Miami, Doral, Coral Gables and Cutler Bay. Reach out to Abrams Justice Trial Attorneys at (305) 709-0880 if you are a truck driver who has been injured and needs experienced representation.
Florida Injured Truck Driver Information Center
Causes of Truck Driver Injuries
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) data, 33,000 truck drivers were injured in 2016, the last year data of this type was collected. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, 81% of fatal injuries to truck drivers come from transportation accidents. Injuries to truck drivers can be caused by a myriad of issues outside of the driver’s control including:
- Negligence by the trucking company
- Negligent manufacture of truck equipment
- Negligent manufacture of the truck itself
- Negligent maintenance of trucks by mechanics and truck providers
- Negligence by other drivers on the road
Common Truck Driver Injury Types
While most people assume that being up in a big rig means that the driver is safe from the dangers of the road, the truth is much more complicated than that. The most common types of injuries to truck drivers are the following:
- Vehicle Related Injuries – Unsurprisingly most trucker injuries and fatalities happen due to collisions with other cars while on the road. In fact 73% of fatal crashes involving truck drivers happen with vehicles in transport.
- Musculoskeletal Injuries – Truckers not only have to sit in a stiff position for incredibly long hours but also often times have to load and unload their trucks, perform routine repairs, and carry heavy equipment. This can lead to a plague of injuries such as neck issues, spine issues, muscle tears, tendon ruptures, and joint breaks.
- Falls – Unfortunately, falls are all too common for truck drivers. Due to the size of large commercial trucks, it is necessary for truck drivers to be in in elevated positions such as standing on loading docks or even climbing in and out of the truck cab. Falling from height or even from the same level can be compensable workplace injuries.
Injured Truck Driver Resources
Truck Driver Accident Statistics – The FMCSA offers a huge database of statistics regarding truck accidents. Following this link will take you to their latest table of statistics.
Workplace Hazards of Truck Drivers – The Bureau of Labor Statistics produced the article at this link. The data collected and presented are for the 2012. The data shows common injury causes and statistics for common injuries and causes of death to truckers.
Injured Truck Driver Attorney in Miami-Dade, FL
Even a simple incident can become incredibly complicated with trucking companies, manufacturers, insurance companies, and other drivers all trying to shift the blame around. It is always easy to blame the truck driver than admit fault. An experienced expert attorney can help injured truckers rest a little easier by navigating the complexity and nuance of their case to ensure their right to compensation is protected.
We represent injured people in communities throughout the Miami area including North Miami, Miami Beach, Miami Gardens, Doral, Homestead, Cutler Bay, Hialeah, Coral Gables and Pinecrest. The attorneys at Abrams Justice Trial Attorneys are here to help hardworking Americans and have the trial experience to make sure they can help injured truck drivers recover for their losses. Call Abrams Justice Trial Attorneys to get a case evaluation at (305) 709-0880.