Lyft Rideshare Accidents
Lyft has positioned itself as the kinder, friendlier, more consumer friendly alternative to their more famous competitor, Uber. While public perception certainly does seem to be more positive regarding Lyft, the truth is that the company has adopted near identical policies to Uber to avoid liability for their drivers.
Besides claiming that their drivers are independent contractors in an erroneous attempt to avoid liability for the bad acts of their drivers, Lyft also has adopted lax practices when it comes to hiring, vetting, training, and supervising their drivers. While the service may seem like it is a safe alternative to Uber, the risks remain the same.
Lawyer for Lyft Accidents in Miami-Dade, FL
If you need a ride home, nothing could be more convenient than hailing a Lyft on your phone. The problem is your driver is a stranger and you don’t know how he’ll act. If you are involved in a Lyft collision it may be hard to figure out what your rights are and what compensation you should be entitled too. You need attorneys that know what to do no matter what the circumstances.
The attorneys at Abrams Justice Trial Attorneys are expert litigators and compassionate advocates out to do as much as they can for their clients. We proudly serve clients in the greater Miami-Dade area including Miami, Homestead, Hialeah, Pinecrest, Miami Gardens, Miami Beach, North Miami, Doral, Coral Gables and Cutler Bay. Reach out to us at (305) 709-0880 to make an appointment to meet our family and we can walk you through what your options may be.
Miami-Dade Lyft Information Center
While Lyft is not as large or well known as its rival, Uber, the company is still a massive multibillion dollar company with drivers all over the country. The following is a collection of facts about the company:
- 5 million rides were provided by Lyft in 2017.
- $11.5 billion is what the company is currently valued at.
- 23 million passengers were served by Lyft last year.
- 4 million drivers are employed by the company.
- 300 cities in the United States have Lyft service.
Like its rival, Lyft has not released incident and crash statistics for their drivers even though they do keep track of such data. However, there are plenty of examples of Lyft drivers harming people all over our state.
Here is just a sampling of some recent Lyft-related incidences:
- A Miami Lyft driver admitted to sexually abusing a 16 year old boy he had just dropped off at home. Julio Perez, the driver, when interviewed by police further admitted that he thought the boy was only 12.
- An unlicensed 17 year old Lyft driver in Lantana, Florida escaped criminal charges after losing control of his vehicle, slamming into two trees, and causing the death of his 13 year old passenger.
- A Lyft passenger was killed in a hit and run after being allegedly pepper sprayed and forced out of his Lyft onto the freeway.
- Two men were kicked out of their Lyft by the driver who brandished a handgun and allegedly used a homophobic slur. The driver was charged with aggravated assault and unlawful use of a weapon.
Cnet Report on Lyft Growth – Cnet the popular tech website reports in this link the massive growth Lyft has had recently. The article also makes some comparisons between Lyft and Uber.
Lyft related Incidences – “Who’s Driving You” states that it is a public awareness campaign highlighting the risks of ridesharing companies. The link is to an extensive compiled list of rideshare driver incidents.
Find a Lyft Accident Attorney in Miami-Dade, FL
While Lyft tries to distinguish itself as the “good guys” in the ridesharing space, their policies regarding their drivers are designed so that the company can escape liability for injuries caused by their drivers. If you are injured by the negligence of a Lyft driver, you deserve a solid team of attorneys who know how to handle complicated legal matters, and how to stand up to a multi-billion dollar company.
If you’ve been in a Lyft related accident the pain and stress can be overwhelming. Let our team of expert lawyers at Abrams Justice Trial Attorneys handle the complicated and confusing legal stuff while you recover and rest. We represent injured people in communities throughout the Miami area including North Miami, Miami Beach, Miami Gardens, Doral, Homestead, Cutler Bay, Hialeah, Coral Gables and Pinecrest. You can reach us at (305) 709-0880 where we can get you set up for a consultation and we can figure out what we can do to jump into action on your behalf and help. The sooner the better.