It is no surprise that the most common type of litigation involves car accidents. Almost everyone has been party to a car accident in some form or another in their life. Even a minor fender bender rises to a level beyond minor annoyance. Being in a crash means more than being late to work; it can mean spending hours arguing with another driver, waiting for police, haggling with a mechanic, and dealing with your insurance company.
Lawyer for Car Accidents in Miami-Dade, FL
The attorneys at Abrams Justice Trial Attorneys know how frustrating a car accident can be. Abrams Justice Trial Attorneys also knows that some car crashes can change your life forever. Abrams Justice Trial Attorneys is a compassionate family firm that wants to make your life easier after you’ve been involved in a collision.
We are a team of dedicated and experienced litigators who will do whatever it takes to help. We serve the greater Miami-Dade area including Miami, Homestead, Hialeah, Coral Gardens, Miami Gardens, Miami Beach, North Miami, Doral, Coral Gables, and Cutler Bay. Contact us at (305) 709-0880 and make an appointment to come in and meet with us.
Miami-Dade Car Accident Information Center
Miami-Dade Car Accident Statistics
With nearly 15 million licensed drivers on the roads, Florida ranks third among all states for most licensed drivers. This number does not account for the countless number of unlicensed drivers or how many of the 113 million visitors that enter the state every year are renting cars or driving their own cars into the state.
All these drivers are then packed into only the eighth largest road system by lane miles, in the country. The list below is a collection of troubling car accident statistics for Miami-Dade County for 2017.
- 65,768 total crashes. The highest number of any county in Florida.
- 21,257 crashes resulted in injuries.
- 294 traffic fatalities. Again, the highest number of any county in the state.
- 43,959 property damage crashes.
- 2,341 bicycle and pedestrian crashes.
Even more troubling, is the fact that Florida drivers were ranked second-worst in the entire country for being distracted drivers and eleventh-worst in overall driving safety. Drunk driving fatalities also account for over a quarter of all traffic fatalities in the state.
Most Common Types of Car Accidents
A recent analysis of data collected by the U.S. Department of Transportation revealed some interesting data on the most common types of car accidents. Below is the list of most common types of car accidents according to the analysis.
- Falling asleep at the wheel: Falling asleep at the wheel accounts for 7% of all crashes and 21% of fatal crashes.
- Rear-end collisions: These types of accidents are the most frequent and account for between 23% and 30% of all car accidents.
- Lane departure: Approximately 30% of all crashes are due to a driver accidentally leaving their lane. Distracted driving is a common reason for lane departures.
- Blind left turns: 12% of all crashes involve drivers making blind left turns.
- Loss of vehicle control: Many accidents are not necessarily driver error. In fact loss of vehicle control accounts for 11% of all crashes. While driver error does play a part in these numbers, weather conditions and poor vehicle maintenance contributes significantly to loss of control crashes.
It should also be noted that 36% of all pre-crash events occurred as a drivers were turning or crossing intersections. The following is a list of the most dangerous intersections according to TIME magazine:
- Astor, FL: Intersection of State Road 40 and State Road 19
- Orlando, FL: Intersection of North Semoran Boulevard and Old Cheney Highway
- Kissimmee, FL: Intersection of Vista Del Lago Boulevard and Route 192
- Hialeah Gardens, FL: Intersection of Hialeah Gardens Boulevard and North Okeechobee Road
Miami Car Accident Resources
National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) Data – The NHTSA provides a collection of their data to the public at this site. The link here shows the statistics for the state of Florida but the data for all states and counties is available here. The information is expansive and includes such information as motorcycle accidents, passenger fatalities, break downs of accidents by demographic, and rankings of fatalities by county.
Florida Distracted Drivers – The article here comes from the Miami Herald. The article published in 2017 delves into some of the troubling findings regarding Florida Drivers. Unsurprisingly, the article implicates cell phone usage as a major reason for distracted driving in the state.
Find a Car Accident Attorney in Miami-Dade, FL
If you have been involved in a car accident it is highly advised you seek out legal counsel. Finding an experienced attorney should be the first step you take in protecting your rights. At Abrams Justice Trial Attorneys we have veteran trial attorneys who know what it takes to win cases. We will aggressively protect the interests of you and your loved ones.
Call us at (305) 709-0880 to make an appointment for a consultation. We are well versed in nearly all areas of the law and can help in almost any type of dispute. We serve the greater Miami-Dade area including Miami, Homestead, Hialeah, Coral Gardens, Miami Gardens, Miami Beach, North Miami, Doral, Coral Gables, and Cutler Bay and are ready to help you take your next step.