The great state of Florida is well known for its beaches, Disney World, and space ship launches from Kennedy Space Center. With its capital in Tallahassee, Florida is the third most populous state in the country with 20,984,400 residents. The state is also the fourth largest economy in the United States with a gross domestic product (GDP) of $926 billion. Not only is it the fourth largest economy but it is also the fourth largest exporter of trade goods.
Tourism accounts for a large portion of the state economy. Nearly 1.4 million Floridians are employed in the tourism industry to service the approximately 113 million visitors every year that come every year to experience the states sunshine, beaches, and theme parks. Disney World accounts for 50 million visitors alone.
Florida also happens to be third in number of drivers on the road. With the large number of residents, tourists, and drivers, accidents and disputes will happen. If you have been involved in an incident in Florida and are in need of legal help, call the attorneys at Abrams Justice Trial Attorneys.
Florida Auto Accident and Civil Litigation Firm
The attorneys at Abrams Justice Trial Attorneys are proud Floridians who have years of litigation experience. We are a family firm that treats our clients like they are one of our own. We aggressively battle for our clients’ interests and will do what is necessary to get positive results for the people who have put their trust in us.
Reach out to us today at (305) 709-0880 and make an appointment for a consultation with one of our attorneys. We proudly serve clients in the greater Miami-Dade area including Miami, Homestead, Hialeah, Pinecrest, Miami Gardens, Miami Beach, North Miami, Doral, Coral Gables and Cutler Bay. We will give you an honest review and evaluation of your case and we can guide you towards your next step.
Florida Information Center
Auto Accidents in Florida
With nearly 15 million licensed drivers on the roads, Florida ranks third among all states for most licensed drivers. This number does not account for the countless number of unlicensed drivers or how many of the 113 million visitors that enter the state every year are renting cars or driving their own cars into the state. With so many drivers packed into only the eighth largest road system by lane miles, the risk of being involved in an auto accident is a very real concern in the state.
There are quite a few distinct types of auto accidents that all have their own unique considerations when it comes to litigation. Below is a list of common types of auto accident lawsuits for the state of Florida and related issues.
- Car Accidents, including:
- Commercial Truck Accidents
- Rideshare Accidents
Personal Injury allows for an individual to file a lawsuit against another person or a company they believe contributed to their injury. Abrams Justice Trial Attorneys can help handle some of the types of cases below:
- Elevator Accidents
- Slip and Falls
- Wrongful Death
- Product Liability
- Dog Bites
- Premises Liability
Civil litigation usually involves legal disputes between individuals and businesses. Abrams Justice Trial Attorneys can handle almost any civil case thrown its way. Below are just some of the things we can help you with:
- Complex Business
Florida Court Resources
The Florida court system consists of, in order of descending importance; The Florida State Supreme Court; Five District Courts of Appeal, 20 Circuit Courts, and 67 County Courts.
- The Florida Supreme Court – The Florida Supreme Court consists of seven justices appointed by the governor of Florida. After their selection by the governor they remain in office for three years and remain in office for six year terms if the citizens of the state vote for them to remain. The Florida Supreme Court is the final arbiter when it comes to Florida law and its decisions are binding on all lower courts.
- Florida District Courts of Appeal – Florida is divided into five judicial districts. The district courts serve as intermediate courts. This means that appeals from trial courts, if granted, are heard by the respective District Court. The decisions of District Courts are binding on all lower courts in the district. The district courts are similar to the Florida Supreme court in how judges are selected by the governor and must stand for election after a three year term.
- Florida Circuit Courts – The Florida Circuit courts are trial courts of original jurisdiction for civil cases where the amount in controversy is over $15,000, felony criminal cases, and for appeals from county courts.
- Florida County Courts – There is a county court for each of the 67 counties in the state. County courts hear criminal misdemeanors, small claims civil actions, landlord and tenant disputes, and other miscellaneous actions such as traffic citations when there is no municipal court.
My Florida – This link is to the official State of Florida website. Following the link will give you access to a directory of state agencies and employees. You will also be able to find a directory for each state agencies respective website as well as the governor’s website.
Visit Florida – The official website regarding tourism for the state is visitflorida.com. The website gives general information about beaches, cities, and attractions. The website also has a section for deals and discounts for various sites around the state.
Florida Statutes – This link will take you to a listing of the laws of Florida. This link includes civil and criminal laws. There are also various regulations for your reference.
Find an Auto Accident or Civil Litigation Attorney in Florida
If you have been involved in a civil dispute such as a personal injury claim or an auto accident it is highly advised you seek out legal counsel. Finding an experienced attorney should be the first step you take in protecting your rights. At Abrams Justice Trial Attorneys we have veteran trial attorneys who know what it takes to win cases. We will aggressively protect the interests of you and your loved ones. Call us at (305) 709-0880 to make an appointment for a consultation. We are well versed in nearly all areas of the law and can help in almost any type of dispute. We serve the greater Miami-Dade area including Miami, Homestead, Hialeah, Coral Gardens, Miami Gardens, Miami Beach, North Miami, Doral, Coral Gables, and Cutler Bay and are ready to help you take your next step.