According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, there is an auto accident in Florida every 92 seconds, and every time we get in our vehicles, we are putting ourselves at risk for one.
Because another driver was careless on the road, you are now faced with a mountain of bills that can include medical expenses and automotive repairs. Due to your injuries you are unable to work and unable to afford the medical treatment that you desperately need to get better. On top of this, you are left to deal with an at-fault driver’s insurance company that is not taking you case seriously, and who will not return your phone calls. What do you do? – Call the trial lawyers at Abrams Justice and let them deal with the insurance company, while you focus on getting your life back on track.
Attorney for Auto Accidents in Miami, FL
If you have been in an auto accident in Miami, FL, you should contact Abrams Justice Trial Attorneys as soon as possible. Our attorneys are experienced with auto accident cases and they will strive to achieve the best possible outcome for your situation.
We know how stressful auto accident litigation can be and we are here to help ease the process. Call us today at (305) 709-0880 or submit your information in our online form and one of our attorneys will review your case for free. We proudly serve communities in the greater Miami-Dade area that include Miami, Homestead, Hialeah, Coral Gardens, Miami Gardens, Miami Beach, North Miami, Doral, Coral Gables and Cutler Bay.
Auto Accident Information Center
- Common Causes of Auto Accidents
- Common Injuries from Auto Accidents
- What is No-Fault Auto Insurance?
- Florida Auto Accident Resources
Common Causes of Auto Accidents
With over 350,000 car wrecks a year in Florida, you have a 1 in 3.972 chance of getting into one. Just about anything can cause an auto accident. Factors such as weather conditions, an animal crossing the road and not paying attention to your surroundings are just a few of them. Listed below are a few of the most common cause of auto accidents in Florida.
- Distracted Driving: This can include talking with passengers, eating, applying make-up and texting. It is illegal in Florida to text and drive, but it continues to be a growing problem on the roadways.
- Speeding: Speed limits are designed to help travelers arrive at their destination safely. If a driver decides not to follow the posted speed limit, they are significantly increasing their chances of getting into an auto accident.
- Driving Under the Influence: Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs is life threatening to everyone on the road and it is a major problem in Florida. Both alcohol and drugs reduce reaction times and impair judgment. Choosing to drive under such conditions can result in criminal and civil charges.
- Falling Asleep Behind the Wheel: The Center for Disease Control found that 1 in 25 adults admitted to feeling sleepy behind the wheel. Sleepy drivers have slow reaction times and lack the focus needed to pay attention to the road.
- Animals: These are single-vehicle accidents and they are more common than you think, especially in rural areas. Animals that can create dangers on the roadway include alligators, raccoons, bears, possums and deer.
Common Injuries from Auto Accidents
Injuries sustained from an auto accident can be life altering and sometimes detrimental. They can impact your ability to work, leaving you unable to pay for living expenses and medical bills.
While you may feel fine following an accident, it is imperative that you seek medical attention as soon as possible. Some injuries may not be immediately felt following an auto accident, but if left untreated, they can cause serious damage.
Some of the most common injuries suffered in an auto accident include the following:
- Brain and head
- Broken bones
- Damage to internal organs
- Back and spinal cord
- Sprains and strains
- Bruises and cuts
What is No Fault Auto Insurance?
Auto insurance laws in Florida are different from others states in that it is one of the few states in the US with no-fault laws. Such laws were enacted to keep premiums low by providing payout on the behalf of driver at fault by avoiding costly litigation.
Florida Statute 627.736 requires all drivers to carry an auto insurance policy that has two forms of coverage. This includes property damage liability (PDL) and personal injury protection (PIP). Both policies must have a minimum coverage of $10,000 and they each serve an important purpose for insurers.
- Property Damage Liability (PDL): This form of insurance covers damages caused by a covered individual to another person’s property. For example, you rear-end someone else’s car, so PDL will cover the cost of their damages. However, PDL will not cover damages sustained to your vehicle in this scenario.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP): PIP covers those who are riding in the vehicle in the event of an auto accident with injuries. This form of coverage applies to all those who qualify regardless of who caused the accident. This coverage not only applies to vehicular accidents but other accidents that include pedestrians and bicyclist injured by vehicle and children injured on school buses.
Bodily injury liability (BIL) insurance covers the medial and funeral cost of those insured but is not required by the state. This insurance policy decreases your liability if you are the cause of a major accident.
Florida Auto Accident Resources
Florida Statute 627.736 – View full text of the Florida Statute that governs the required insurance policies for Florida drivers on Online Sunshine. The statute explains what each policy should cover, insured’s right to recover damages in tort claims and payment of benefits. Online Sunshine is the official site for Florida legislature.
Miami- Dade Auto Accident Statistics – The following link will take you to the auto accident data in Miami-Dade County for 2018 on Florida’s Integrated Exchange System (FIRES). You can adjust the setting to show data from the past. FIRES acts as the research bank for traffic accident stats in Florida.
Lawyer for Auto Accidents in Miami, FL
If you have recently been in an auto accident in the Miami area and wish to take it to court, you should contact Abrams Justice Trial Attorneys as soon as possible. Our veteran attorneys will strive to protect your rights and achieve the best possible outcome for your situation.
We proudly assist clients in Miami, Homestead, Hialeah, Coral Gardens, Miami Gardens, Miami Beach, North Miami, Doral, Coral Gables and Cutler Bay. Call us today at (305) 709-0880 or submit your information in our online form and one of our attorneys will review your case for free.